A tour to the Baikal lake
We plan to organize a tour to the Baikal Lakes after the conference. Please inform us if you like to join such a trip and on your other specific interests.
The [preliminary] program of Irkutsk visit
4 September – train Novosibirsk-Irkutsk (compartment car). Meeting with group. Departure at 15.26 (Moscow time)
6 September – Irkutsk arrival at 02.26 local time, coming to hotel (early coming)
Breakfast at hotel.
Departure to Baikal excursion, for Listvyanka (65 km): sightsee the Shaman-stone, St. Nikolas church, souvenir and fish markets.
Limnological museum excursion, additional service (extra charge) – virtual diving to the Baikal bottom.
Boat trip (1 hour).
Barbecue lunch out-of-doors.
Transfer to Irkutsk (for this day included: breakfast, lunch)
7 September – Breakfast at hotel. Transfer to bus station. Bus trip to Olkhon Island (travel to ferry boat – 250 km).
Ferry boat trip to Olkhon - (approx. 40 min.). Transfer to the tourist centre at the central villiage of Olkhon.
Accommodation in the wooden houses. Dinner at the tourist centre.
Overnight at the tourist centre. (for this day included: breakfast, dinner)
8 September – Breakfast at the tourist center. Walk trip around Olkhon Island: the capital of the island – fisherman’s village Khuzhir famous for its Cape Burkhan, one of the 9 Asia’s sacred places. Additional excursion to the local museum (extra charge).
Lunch at the tourist center.
Transfer to Irkutsk (travel time including ferry boat - 6 hours).
After Irkutsk coming accommodation in hotel. (for this day included: breakfast, lunch)
Prices of Irkutsk-Baikal tour (6 – 8 September)
- 2 person group = 25 300 rub./person;
- 6 person group = 15 985 rub./person;
- 7 person group = 15 295 rub./person.
(for the 20 May 2009 : 31.8 rubles = 1 USD)
The price includes:
- Staying at the Irkutsk hotel (2 days + 1 day for early arrival guarantee), tourist center Olkhon (1 day) - two persons in room in wooden houses;
- Meals (as mentioned above);
- Excursion program;
- Boat trip through Baikal, «Yaroslavets» boat (one person, 1 hour);
- tickets to the Baikal Limnological museum;
- Bus tickets (7 September);
- All not mentioned transfers by different transports;
- English-speaking guide.
Buryat national habitation
Buryat (local population)
Gulf Muchur and lake Hargojsky.
A view from mountain Hargoj
Stone columns at the Sagan-Zaba foot